How The Internet Works
1) Which of these best describes 'The Internet'?
a) A series of tubes.
b) A Global Network of Computers.
c) It doesn't weigh anything.
d) Cables connecting countries
2) What are fibre optic cables?
a) Cables that transmit signals as light
b) Cables that transmit signals as electricity
c) Cables that transmit signals as sound
d) Cables that transmit signals as fibre
3) Who invented the World Wide Web?
a) Tim Lee-Berners
b) Lee Berners
c) Tim Berners-Lee
d) Bill Gates
4) Which of these best describes the World Wide Web?
a) Providers like Google, Bing or Yahoo
b) Interlinked html documents
c) Software like Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer
d) A global network of computers
5) Which of the following is the best way of beginning an html file?
6) Which of the following would be the best way to add a link to an html document?
a) <a href="link to my first page">firstpage.html</a>
b) <a href="firstpage.html">Link to my First Page</href>
c) <href a="firstpage.html">Link to my First Page</a>
d) <a href="firstpage.html">Link to my First Page</a>
7) Where are the majority of html documents stored around the world?
a) Web browsers
b) Home Computers
c) Web Servers
d) Google servers
8) Which of these best describe a web browser?
a) A program to provide access to The Internet
b) A program to search for html documents
c) A program to fetch and render html documents
d) A program to access Google
9) What do Google call their programs that crawl across the web, following links in html documents?
10) How does Google's "Page Rank" algorithm rate web pages?
a) How many pages link to a given page
b) How many occurrences of the search term occurs in the page
c) Whether the page is "spammy"
c) Whether the page provides good advertising revenue
Quiz script provided by